University-Sponsored Domestic Travel Terms and Conditions
I am a student at Princeton University and will be traveling on a University-sponsored domestic trip.
- Fees and Payments: I understand I am responsible for any tax consequences with respect to the funds received from the University or support organizations.
- Registering Travel: I understand that I have an obligation to register the details of domestic and international University-sanctioned travel with the Global Safety & Security (GS&S) office utilizing the 'Enroll My Trip' tool. I understand that I must list all of the countries to which I will be traveling; and that, if my plans change, I am required to modify my request. I agree to book my trip with World Travel, the University's travel agency, or forward my itinerary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance of my departure date. I understand that I am required to email to email@example.com a valid international cell phone number at which I can be reached during my travel abroad.
- Health Review: I certify that I have discussed my travel plans with health care professional(s) and have any necessary medication(s). I understand that it is my personal responsibility to comply with the recommendations of health care professional(s), including but not limited to those relating to medication.
- Emergency Medical Treatment Profile: As a precaution in the event of a medical emergency occurring during my participation, (a) if traveling with a group, I will provide the trip leader with a sealed envelope containing my medical profile form, or (b) if not traveling with a group, I will keep my medical profile form on my person throughout the duration of my travel.
- Insurance: I certify that (a) my health insurance is valid for hospitalizations and other medical care and meets University requirements or (b) I have obtained other or supplementary insurance that covers these costs while traveling, to the extent required by the University. I understand that for immediate medical assistance while traveling, I should call 911, followed by a call to the Department of Public Safety (609-258-1000).
- Conduct: I understand and agree to comply with the laws of the locations in which I will be residing and/or traveling and all applicable academic and disciplinary regulations, including but not limited to Rights, Rules, Responsibilities. I further understand and accept that while participating in University-sponsored travel, I remain enrolled as a degree candidate at Princeton University and, as such, I remain subject to all of the University’s standards of conduct. I understand that if I do not abide by these laws, regulations, and standards of conduct, I am subject to appropriate disciplinary actions, including but not limited to premature termination of the trip. If that occurs, I will return as soon as possible to my home or, when applicable during the academic year, to Princeton University at my own expense.
- Car Rental: I understand that I may not rent vehicles or drive University-owned vehicles while on University-sponsored domestic trips without current University vehicle certification.
- Informed Consent: I am aware that there are inherent risks associated with travel.
- I understand that, as a trip participant, I must be able to function independently, and that if my needs, behaviors, or actions place an undue administrative burden on the trip leader(s) or on-site supervisor(s), my participation in the trip may be terminated and I may be required by the University to return to my home, or, when applicable during the academic year, to Princeton University.
- I have weighed the difficulties and potential dangers inherent in travel, the risks presented to my own health and well being, and my personal desire to further my educational experiences by traveling. I have had the opportunity to ask questions that have been answered to my satisfaction. I acknowledge that there may be additional factors that may not have been brought to my attention.
- I acknowledge the existence of the various risks in travel and have determined they are acceptable. I acknowledge that my participation is voluntary and is not required as part of my education at Princeton.
- In consideration of Princeton University allowing me to participate in the program, I agree to be legally bound by this document and voluntarily assume the risks arising out of my travel.
By certifying acceptance of terms and conditions and registering my travel in the 'Enroll My Trip' tool, I acknowledge that I have read and understood my obligations while traveling on a University-sponsored trip.