Undergraduate Travel Policies
All undergraduate students embarking on University-sponsored overnight travel must complete a travel request in Concur. A trip is considered sponsored by the University if any of the statements below are applicable:
- The trip is organized on behalf of a registered University organization, including, but not limited to: student organizations, religious groups, sport clubs, varsity athletic teams, civic engagement organizations, residential colleges, academic or administrative departments;
- A University account contributes funds, or money is held and disbursed through a University account;
- The trip is organized by a University faculty or staff member; or
- The work will be considered for academic credit.
An overview of the steps required for University-sponsored overnight travel can be found at the undergraduate travel checklist.
- The University will not sponsor or support undergraduate travel to countries on the State Department Warning List or where the U.S. has imposed a travel restriction.
- Students who have a compelling need to travel to a country on the State Department Warning List must complete and submit a Travel Exemption Request in the Global Programs System (GPS). As part of this application, the student will need to submit an Addendum to the Travel Terms and Conditions (PDF), signed by him/her and a parent or guardian. Any questions about the travel exemption request process should be directed to email@example.com.
- The University reserves the right to revoke support and funding for trips at any time there has been a significant deterioration in the safety and security conditions surrounding travel arrangements or in the sector of the country or countries where travel is to occur.