Travel Suppliers: Ground Transportation
What You Should Know
Princeton University has negotiated fares with limousine, shuttle, and taxi services.
We have negotiated base fares with the car service companies listed below.
- Ground travel with any of these companies can be reserved online through Concur or directly with the car company.
- If you are traveling for business purposes and you pay using the Princeton Travel and Expense Card, your limo travel will be exempt from sales tax.
- You should receive a reservation confirmation by email as well as an emailed invoice with your final charges.
- Negotiated car services rates include fuel surcharge and gratuity. The only other charges you should see on the final invoice would be parking, tolls, wait time, and stop time (if driver had to make additional stops).
Airport Shuttle Service
Princeton University has negotiated fares with State Shuttle, (formerly known as Olympic Airporter) for rides to and from the airports in the New York City area and Philadelphia.
- State Shuttle picks up and drops off at two locations on or near the Princeton campus: the Nassau Inn; and the Baker Hockey Rink.
- A ride can be reserved online by clicking on the orange bar below the State Shuttle logo on this page.
- If you are traveling for business purposes and you reserve/pay with the Princeton Travel and Expense Card, your ride will be sales tax exempt.
- You should receive a reservation confirmation before your trip and an invoice with final charges by email.
The taxi services listed below have offered Princeton University discounted fares.
- Taxi service should be arranged directly with the taxi company of your choice.
- Taxis should not be used for long-distance travel. For distances longer than this, please rent or hire a car or consider rail travel, if available.