Beginning next week, reports of unexpensed transactional activity in Concur will be emailed to financial managers in each department. The report will be emailed out on a weekly basis. Below please find additional details about who will receive this report and what types of activity it will include, or download a sample copy of the unexpensed transaction report.
1. What is meant by an “unexpensed transaction”?
This report captures Concur transactions which have not yet hit your financial statements. It includes:
- Travel and Expense Card transactions
- Departmental Purchasing Card transactions
- Out-of-pocket expenses
Please note that information about open cash advances is not included on this report, and any transactions which have already been fully processed can be viewed on Information Warehouse reports, such as the FIN015-Transaction Detail by Chartstring, or the FIN042-Expense Report Transaction Listing.
2. What is the purpose of this report?
This report will provide you with insight into your department's outstanding Concur activity to help you manage timely substantiations, submissions, and approvals.
3. How did you determine which individuals should appear on my report?
If you are a cost object approver in Concur for department # 12345, you are receiving a report containing the financial activity of all individuals whose home department # is 12345.
4. I think someone on this list should be associated with a different department. What should I do?
Contact the Financial Service Center. We can make adjustments to the individual’s Concur profile and ensure that his/her credit card activity is sent to the correct department in the following week’s report. For example, if a faculty member’s home department is Electrical Engineering, but he/she primarily uses Concur for expenses related to the Keller Center, we can make an adjustment to include his/her activity on the Keller Center’s report instead. This will not change the DOF or HR record which identifies him/her as being housed in Electrical Engineering.
5. I expected to see a particular individual on my report, but he/she is not listed here. What should I do?
It may be that the individual you are looking for has no unexpensed transaction activity in Concur and does not appear on the report for that reason. Or, the individual may be associated with a different department number for which you are not a cost object approver. Contact the Financial Service Center for help with identifying and addressing the issue.
6. What do the values in the “Approval Status” column mean?
- Unassigned – this transaction has not been assigned to a report; the transaction is sitting in the user’s list of Available Expenses.
- Not Submitted – the transaction has been attached to a report, but the user has not submitted the report.
- Submitted & Pending Approval – the transaction has been submitted on an expense report and the expense report is now pending approval by the user’s default approver. Column N shows the default approver assigned to each individual on your report.
- Pending Cost Object Approval – the report is pending approval by one or more cost object approvers who are responsible for reviewing activity against the department numbers being charged on the report.
- Sent Back to Employee – the user submitted the report, but one of his/her approvers sent the report back; the report is now with the user pending resubmission.
- Approved & In Accounting Review – the report has been fully approved at the department-level and is pending processing by Accounts Payable.
7. What do the other columns mean?
- Report Name: If a transaction has been assigned to an expense report or statement report, this field displays the name of that report. This field will be blank for any transactions with an Approval Status of “unassigned”.
- First Submit Date: If an expense report or statement report has been submitted by the employee, the date the report was first submitted will appear in this column. This column will be blank for any transactions with an Approval Status of “unassigned” or “not submitted”.
- Home Department: These columns indicate the individual’s home department as recorded by the Offices of Human Resources or the Dean of the Faculty.
- Default Approver: Users select their default expense approver in their own Concur profiles. If a change to this selection is needed, the user should navigate to their Concur profile settings and click on “Expense Approvers” from the left hand menu.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact the Financial Service Center at (609) 258-3080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.