We are excited to announce that World Travel, Inc. headquartered in Exton, PA has been selected as Princeton University’s new partner for travel agency services. This decision was reached after an extensive evaluation of proposals from several travel agencies, a major commitment of time and deliberation on the part of our travel advisory committee, and feedback from the broader campus community received over the last three years.
Throughout our evaluation process, World Travel demonstrated a keen understanding of higher education travel needs, due largely to their work supporting schools such as the University of Pennsylvania, Drexel University, Temple University, Johns Hopkins University, and American University. In addition, our partnership with World Travel includes several benefits:
- A small team of dedicated agents to support Princeton’s travelers—our counselors will work full-time supporting only Princeton’s requests and will not receive any calls or assignments from other World Travel clients,
- Advanced technology that helps their agents to provide high-quality, customized service in support of our travelers’ needs, and
- Expanded support for the University’s wide array of group travel programs.
We have begun working with World Travel and our current travel agency, Carlson Wagonlit Travel, to ensure a smooth transition, currently planned to be complete in November 2017. Detailed information about the transition, how to contact World Travel, hours of operation, and service fees will be provided in the coming weeks. Information sessions and opportunities to get to know the new Princeton travel counselor team will be announced shortly. In the interim, please continue to book travel with Carlson Wagonlit Travel as you do today.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to our committee members for their continued engagement and invaluable input:
- Kathleen Allen, French & Italian
- Nari Baughman, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Susan Bindig, Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies
- Chris Brock, Athletics
- Angela Bryant, Near Eastern Studies
- Claire Elson, Human Resources
- Erin Graham, Office of the President
- Barbara Leavey, The Council of the Humanities
- Bob Leckie, Woodrow Wilson School
- Regina Savadge, Physics
- Nora Zelizer, Geosciences
Reminder: The transition from Carlson Wagonlit Travel to World Travel, Inc. does not impact Concur. World Travel is a strong Concur partner and fully supports all of the tools and features of our program.
Questions? Please contact the Financial Service Center at 258-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.