Manage Guest Travel & Expenses
When possible, departments are encouraged to pay directly for their guests' travel expenses to minimize the out-of-pocket expense to the guest and to ensure the University's negotiated rates are accessed. If guests pay for their travel expenses directly, they may need to be added to our supplier/payee database and then reimbursed using the Non-PO Payment Request process.
Booking Guest Travel
Travel arrangements for guests can be made through one of three methods:
- Travel for guests may be booked online using Concur. Contact the Financial Service Center to request access to Concur’s guest-booking feature.
- University employees may call Carlson Wagonlit Travel and make arrangements for a guest with a travel counselor.
- Guests can make their travel arrangements directly with a counselor at Carlson Wagonlit Travel. The Princeton staff member must first contact CWT to provide travel details and payment authorization.
Princeton guests may incur out-of-pocket travel expenses which need to be reimbursed. These expenses must comply with University policy, including the Travel Policy, Reimbursement Policy, and Business Expense Policy.
- If your guest is not already set-up as a supplier, request a new supplier via the Prime Marketplace.
- Use the Guest Reimbursement Request form to document their expenses and collect receipts for their expenses of $50 or over.
- The Guest Reimbursement Request form must be signed by the guest.
- Create a Non-PO Payment Request in Prime Financials and attach the completed Guest Reimbursement Request form and any necessary receipts.