Book University Travel on United.com
Our United Airlines contract discounts are available directly on United.com to travelers who have their MileagePlus number stored in their Concur profiles and who have enrolled in My Travel Network via Concur. Note that these rates are always available when booking in Concur or with a World Travel agent.
The University's contract with United Airlines provides discounts on many flights for University travelers. When you connect your Concur profile to your United MileagePlus account, your University-related United.com bookings will synch with your Concur profile, enabling you to receive:
- the university's negotiated, discounted rates while booking on United.com,
- e-receipts in your Concur profile for your purchased airfare, eliminating the need to upload a separate receipt to your expense report,
- support from the University's travel care program, which ensures anyone on University-sponsored travel is accounted for and receives up-to-the-minute alerts about safety concerns arising in their location, and
- access to your itinerary from Concur, the Concur mobile app, and TripIt Pro.
Connecting your University Concur Profile to United
- Ensure your United MileagePlus number is saved in your Concur profile.
- Log in to Concur.
- Profile (upper right-hand corner) > Profile Settings > Frequent-Traveler Programs (left side under Travel Settings) > [+]Add a Program
- Ensure you are enrolled in My Travel Network, a Concur service which uses your frequent-traveler reward programs to link your Concur profile and the university's contract rates directly to participating travel suppliers.
Booking University Travel on United.com
After completing the setup process above, you will be able to log in to your MileagePlus account on United.com as you normally do. Included in the options on United's flight search will be a checkbox labeled "Corporate Booking". (You may uncheck this box when booking personal travel.) Ensure the "corporate booking" box is checked and complete your flight search as usual. Princeton's discounted rates will be reflected automatically in your search results.
When you are ready to purchase your flight, United's payment page will be prepopulated with your University credit card information. If you have a personal credit card saved in your Concur profile, that card will also be available for selection on this screen. You must have at least one form of payment saved in Concur.
Once booked, an e-receipt for your transaction will appear in the Expense tab of your Concur profile and your itinerary will be accessible via Concur, the Concur mobile app, and TripIt Pro. Additionally, your travel plans will be available for support from the University should a safety concern arise in the area where you are traveling.