Return Personal Expenses to Princeton

Important Information

Your Princeton Travel and Expense Card should not be used for personal expenses. However, if you do have a personal transaction, then you must return the funds to the University before you may submit your expense report.


  1. Sign on to Concur.
  2. Select Expense > Details > Totals.
  3. Concur will total your personal, non-business expenses. The amount will be offset by out-of-pocket expenses you incurred on the University’s behalf. Validate this amount.
  4. Prepare a check (payable to "Princeton University") or cash in the amount of the personal expenses owed to the University.
  5. Deliver the cash or check to the Financial Service Center. Financial Service Center staff will provide you with an electronic receipt and, if needed, assist you with attaching the receipt to your expense report.

Attach the deposit receipt to your expense report

  1. Sign on to Concur.
  2. Choose the expense report that contains your personal expenses.
  3. Attach the deposit receipt to the personal expense line item.
  4. Submit your expense report.

Go to Creating a New Expense Report and Printing and Submitting an Expense Report for online demonstrations.

For More Information

Contact the Financial Service Center by phone, (609) 258-3080, or email