Faculty & Staff
What You Need to Know
The Travel and Expense Program is an integrated system comprised of Concur technology and its associated tools, Carlson Wagonlit Travel agency (CWT), and the Princeton Travel and Expense Card.
Use Concur to:
- Plan, estimate expenses, and book travel online.
- Maintain an online profile to store information such as frequent flyer numbers and other preferences.
- Upload electronic copies of your receipts.
- Substantiate your University credit card activity.
- Create expense reports and get reimbursed.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Concur is linked to Princeton’s travel agency, Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT). Reservations you make online using Concur or over the phone are ticketed by CWT and will be supported 24/7/365. For changes to ticketed airfare, call CWT. (866) 640-3294.
Princeton Travel & Expense Card
If you travel or incur out-of-pocket expenses while conducting University business, you may be a candidate for a Travel and Expense Card. The Travel and Expense Card application is available on the Finance & Treasury website.
When you use your Travel and Expense Card, your charges are automatically uploaded to your My Concur page and are ready to be substantiated on an expense report. Using the Princeton Travel and Expense Card reduces manual entries and the need to spend cash out of pocket.
Receipts for Business & Travel Expenses
Receipts are required for expenses of $50 or more. Photograph or scan these receipts and attach them to your expense report in Concur. Receipts for expenses less than $50 should not be submitted.
Travel & Expense Roles
You can assign people to assist you with travel booking and expense reporting. You’ll also have an approver who will approve your expense reports.
Here’s an overview of travel and expense roles in Concur:
Travel and Expense Roles and Functions
- Travel Arranger: An optional role assigned by the traveler. Can book and manage travel on behalf of the traveler.
- Expense Delegate: An optional role assigned by the traveler. Can create expense report on behalf of the traveler.
- Default Approver: Individual who reviews expense reports for accuracy and policy compliance. Approves expense reports.
- Guest Booker: Can book travel for a non-Princeton guest. Email email@example.com to request that the guest booking permission be added to your Concur profile.