Faculty & Staff
What You Need to Know
The Travel and Expense Program is an integrated system comprised of Concur technology and its associated tools, Carlson Wagonlit Travel agency (CWT), and the Princeton Travel and Expense Card.
Use Concur to:
- Book and manage your University travel.
- Maintain an online profile to store your frequent flyer numbers and travel preferences.
- Upload electronic copies of your receipts.
- Substantiate your University credit card activity.
- Request reimbursement.
Carlson Wagonlit Travel
Concur is linked to Princeton’s travel agency, Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT). Reservations you make online using Concur or over the phone are ticketed by CWT and will be supported 24/7/365. Princeton's travel counselors at CWT can be reached M-F, 8:30am - 5:30pm at 866-640-3294 or email@example.com.
Princeton Travel & Expense Card
If you travel or incur out-of-pocket expenses while conducting University business, you may be a candidate for a Travel and Expense Card. The Travel and Expense Card application is available on the Finance & Treasury website.
When you use your Travel and Expense Card, your charges are automatically uploaded to Concur and are ready to be substantiated on an expense report. Using your Travel and Expense Card reduces the manual process required to request reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenditures.
Receipts for Your Expenses
Receipts are required for expenses of $50 or more. Use the Concur mobile app to take pictures of your receipts, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or scan and upload images to your Concur receipt gallery. Receipts for expenses less than $50 should not be submitted.
Travel & Expense Roles
- Travel Arranger: An optional role assigned by the traveler. Can book and manage travel on behalf of the traveler.
- Expense Delegate: An optional role assigned by the traveler. Can create expense report on behalf of the traveler.
- Default Approver: Individual who reviews expense reports for accuracy and policy compliance. Approves expense reports.
- Guest Booker: Can book travel for a non-Princeton guest. Email email@example.com to request that the guest booking permission be added to your Concur profile.